Monday, March 29, 2010

Official U.S. Trailer for Jeunet's latest: Micmacs à tire-larigot


Jean-Pierre Junet's 6th film is finally getting a U.S. theatrical run, albeit a limited one, in May. Apparently the film is a sort of satire on the world arms trade and of course Dominique Pinon will appear. I personally plan on traveling as far as need be to see this on the big screen as it will be several years before Jeunet releases another movie, it took six years for him to release this one after 'A Very Long Engagement' so he doesn't work very fast.
Some quotes from Jeunet on what we can expect:

"You know Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," exclaims Jean-Pierre Jeunet, waving his arms around with excitement. "Well, I wanted to create something funny and imaginative like that: a stupid band of seven people. And also I wanted a story of revenge because I love Once Upon a Time in the West so much."

"I put everything I have into this film," laughs Jeunet. "There are no limits -- it's all of my influences at once. Guillaume Laurant, my writing partner, and I note down everything we hear. Then, when we write a script, we open the box of details and use them. Only when the box is packed full of ideas to we start to write. The principle of the Walt Disney Company is to have one idea per shot and I try to do that too."


No comments: